miércoles, 31 de agosto de 2011

YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR MIND---1997 Badger, California

YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR MIND---1997 Badger, California

Oṁ viṣṇupāda paramahaṁsa parivrājakācārya aṣṭottara-śata Śrī Śrīmad Bhaktivedānta Nārāyaṇa Gosvāmī Mahārāja

We must have some moods at the time of āratī. It should not be performed without mood. When you are making an offering, you will also have to have mood. It may be the mood of Yaśodā Ma, who is offering everything to Kṛṣṇa and then distributing to all others. Or, if your svarūpa (constitutional position) has the mood of the gopīs and you are very qualified for that, if you have some greed for that, then you can see that Śrīmatī Rādhikā is giving the preparations to Kṛṣṇa.

We should try to follow Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura, Śrīla Narottama dāsa Ṭhākura, and all others like them. Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura has given as the kīrtana, Bhoga Āratī:

bhaja bhakata-vatsala śrī-gaurahari
śrī gaurahari so hi goṣṭha-bihārī,
nanda-yaśomati-citta-hārī

["Just worship Śrī Gaurahari, who is always affectionate towards His devotees. He is none other than Kṛṣṇa, who roamed with the cows from forest to forest and who stole the hearts of Nanda and Yaśodā."]

[Śrīla Nārāyaṇa Mahārāja leads the devotees in singing:

yaśomatī-nandana, vraja-varo-nāgara,
gokula-rañjana kāna
gopī-parāṇa-dhana, madana-manohara,
kālīya-damana-vidhāna

["Kṛṣṇa is Yaśodā Maiyā's beloved son, and the topmost lover in Brajabhūmi. As Kāna (an affectionate name for Him), He delights Gokula and is the wealth of the life of the gopīs. He is an inveterate thief, stealing the hearts of all, and He crushed the kālīya serpent."]

At the time of maṅgala-āratis the gopīs, and especially Lalitā and Viśakhā, are performing the āratī to Rādhā and Kṛṣṇa. Yaśodā Ma does āratī at eight or nine in the morning, just before Kṛṣṇa goes to the forest for cow grazing.  By her āratī, she is taking away His ills, sufferings which may come, and all obstacles. Lalitā and Viśakhā do āratī during niśānta, the end of night, telling Rādhā and Kṛṣṇa:"

You will have to go to your own houses." 

We should know all these truths.

When you chant you have no taste, and therefore sleepiness comes. But even if there is no taste, you should force your mind by telling it:

"I will not listen to you. I will have to give you a lesson. I will tie my śikhā here, and then, oh, you will have to chant." 

This situation is likened to a boy who does not want to eat, and his mother forces him by hook or by crook. She somehow induces him to eat. Similarly, you should induce your mind by telling it:

"You will have to chant Harināma. I will not give you anything to eat if you have not chanted 16 rounds in the morning, sitting in one place."

We try to do more than 22 rounds in the morning in one sitting. You should tell your mind:

"I will not give you anything to eat, and not even a drop of water to drink, if you do not chant. I know you are a very bad person, so I will whip you."

By this, you will see that after some days, ruci (taste) will come and all diseases will go away. Then, at one sitting, you will be able to chant one lack (64 rounds) of Harināma. There will be no need to go here or there, doing this or that. No sleepiness or idleness will come.

In between your Harināma, you can chant:

he kṛṣṇa! karuṇā-sindho! dīna-bandho! jagat-pate!
gopeśa! gopikā-kānta! rādhā-kānta! namo ‘stu te

["I offer my unlimited praṇāma unto You, O Kṛṣṇa! You are the ocean of mercy, friend of the fallen, lord of creation, and master of the cowherd community! You are Gopī-kanta, beloved of the gopīs, and above all you are Rādhā-kanta, the beloved of Śrīmatī Rādhikā!"]

tapta-kāñcana-gaurāṅgi! rādhe! vṛndāvaneśvari!
vṛṣabhānu-sute! devi! praṇamāmi hari-priye!

["O Gaurāṅgi, whose complexion is like molten gold! O Rādhe! Queen of Vṛndāvana! O daughter of Vṛṣabhānu Mahārāja! O Devī! O dearmost of Hari! Praṇāma unto You again and again!"]

Chant in such a mood that tears will come:

“O Rādhe! O  Kṛṣṇa! O Harināma, you are Kṛṣṇa Himself! O Rādhikā, You Yourself are Hare."

Sit straight and sometimes weep. Then there will be no room for sleep. Also, while doing Harināma, time to time chant:

bhajāmi rādhām aravinda-netraṁ
smarāmi rādhāṁ madhura-smitāsyām
vadāmi rādhāṁ karuṇā-bharādraṁ
tato mamānyāsti gatir na kāpi
(Śrī Viśākhānandadābhidhā Stotram 131)

["I worship Rādhā who has lotus eyes, I remember Rādhā who has a sweet smile, and I speak of Rādhā who is melted with compassion. There is nothing else for me. She is my life and soul."]

Where is sleep?

Where is kāma, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and mātsarya (lust, anger, greed, pride, illusion and envy)?

They will all fly away. Sometimes you can utter,

"There is no sinner like me. There is no one as wretched as me.  You are giving everything, but I am so wretched that I am unaware of Your mercy."

And sometimes you can chant: 

nāmnām akāri bahudhā nija-sarva-śaktis
tatrārpitā niyamitaḥ smaraṇe na kālaḥ
etādṛśī tava kṛpā bhagavan mamāpi
durdaivam īdṛśam ihājani nānurāgaḥ
 (Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 2)

["O Bhagavān! Your holy name bestows all auspiciousness upon the living entities. Therefore, for the benefit of the jīvas, You eternally manifest Your innumerable names, such as Rāma, Nārāyaṇa, Kṛṣṇa, Mukunda, Mādhava, Govinda, and Dāmodara. You have invested those names with all the potencies of their respective forms. Out of causeless mercy, You have not even imposed any restrictions on the chanting and remembrance of such names. Nonetheless, I am so unfortunate due to committing offenses that I have no attachment for Your holy name, which is so easily accessible and bestows all good fortune."]

Remember the meaning of this śloka and, weeping, pray:

"You are endlessly merciful, and I am a wretched person. None are like me. You are the greatest in giving mercy, but I am such a person that does not take your mercy. O Prabhu, I need only Your mercy – nothing else.” 

nayanaṁ galad-aśru-dhārayā
vadanaṁ gadgada-ruddhayā girā
pulakair nicitaṁ vapuḥ kadā
tava nāma-grahaṇe bhaviṣyati
(Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 6)

["O Prabhu! When will my eyes be filled with streams of tears?
When will my voice choke up?
And when will the hairs of my body stand erect in ecstasy as I chant Your holy name?"]

When weeping in this way, where is lust, anger, greed and so on?

They will fly away and there will be no idleness, sleepiness, or any other material impediment. You will be able to chant Hare Kṛṣṇa for hours. Test this yourself. After some time you will be able to see that Parama-Pūjāpāda Śrīla Bhaktivedānta Svāmī Mahārāja came to give this mood, and it will be automatically coming. This is Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Kṛṣṇa consciousness does not mean to control anyone – only your mind is to be controlled.  Do not try to control anyone; only try to control your bad mind.  Do not criticise anyone. Give honour to others, thinking;"

They all are more advanced than me. I am the most wretched."

Criticise your mind and the bad activities you have performed. With this mood, chant Hare Kṛṣṇa.

You can also think:

"Why are my tears not coming?
Why is my heart not melting? 

My heart is harder than stone and iron and steel. O Nāma, you are my only help, and yet I think:

'I am such a bona fide Vaiṣṇava or Guru; I am now Ācārya. I can control everyone.'

Oh, what to do?"

Then:

yugāyitaṁ nimeṣeṇa
cakṣuṣā prāvṛṣāyitam
śūnyāyitaṁ jagat sarvaṁ
govinda-viraheṇa me
(Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 7)

["O sakhī! In separation from Govinda, even a moment seems like a millennium. Tears begin to shower from my eyes like rain from the clouds, and this entire world seems void.”]

You can think:"

That mood is not here, but I want to follow. I want to have that mood; a greed to follow the pure devotees in the line of Śrīla Rūpa Gosvāmī."

And then chant, thinking:

āśliṣya vā pāda-ratāṁ pinaṣṭu mām
adarśanān marma-hatāṁ karotu vā
yathā tathā vā vidadhātu lampaṭo
mat-prāna-nāthas tu sa eva nāparaḥ
(Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 8)

["Let Kṛṣṇa tightly embrace this maidservant who is attached to the service of His lotus feet, and thus make me His very own. Or let Him break my heart by not being present before me. He is a debauchee and can do whatever He likes. Even if He cavorts with another lover directly in front of me, He is still my prāṇanātha. I have none other than Him.”]

Who is uttering this?

Śrīmatī Rādhikā. Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu is uttering the entire Śikṣaṣṭaka, and only very rare persons – bona fide Vaiṣṇavas – can give all these impressions in your heart.  Such a person is actually Śikṣā-Guru.

We have to learn everything – how to do bhajana, how to do arcana, how to make offerings, and how to do this systematically, with mantras. If we are not doing with proper mantras, we will not progress.

It is stated in Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu, with reference to the Purāṇas, that if you are not practicing proper vaidhī-bhakti with proper mantras and so on, then the bhoga is not offered, or the āratī etc. is not accomplished.




  • 2 personas les gusta esto.
  • Rama Kānta Dāsa When you chant you have no taste, and therefore sleepiness comes. But even if there is no taste, you should force your mind by telling it: 

    "I will not listen to you. I will have to give you a lesson. I will tie my śikhā here, and then, oh, you will have to chant." 

    This situation is likened to a boy who does not want to eat, and his mother forces him by hook or by crook. She somehow induces him to eat. Similarly, you should induce your mind by telling it: 

    "You will have to chant Harināma. I will not give you anything to eat if you have not chanted 16 rounds in the morning, sitting in one place." 

    We try to do more than 22 rounds in the morning in one sitting. You should tell your mind: 

    "I will not give you anything to eat, and not even a drop of water to drink, if you do not chant. I know you are a very bad person, so I will whip you." 

    By this, you will see that after some days, ruci (taste) will come and all diseases will go away. Then, at one sitting, you will be able to chant one lack (64 rounds) of Harināma. There will be no need to go here or there, doing this or that. No sleepiness or idleness will come. 

    In between your Harināma, you can chant:

    he kṛṣṇa! karuṇā-sindho! dīna-bandho! jagat-pate!
    gopeśa! gopikā-kānta! rādhā-kānta! namo ‘stu te

    ["I offer my unlimited praṇāma unto You, O Kṛṣṇa! You are the ocean of mercy, friend of the fallen, lord of creation, and master of the cowherd community! You are Gopī-kanta, beloved of the gopīs, and above all you are Rādhā-kanta, the beloved of Śrīmatī Rādhikā!"]

    tapta-kāñcana-gaurāṅgi! rādhe! vṛndāvaneśvari!
    vṛṣabhānu-sute! devi! praṇamāmi hari-priye!

    ["O Gaurāṅgi, whose complexion is like molten gold! O Rādhe! Queen of Vṛndāvana! O daughter of Vṛṣabhānu Mahārāja! O Devī! O dearmost of Hari! Praṇāma unto You again and again!"]

    Chant in such a mood that tears will come:

    “O Rādhe! O Kṛṣṇa! O Harināma, you are Kṛṣṇa Himself! O Rādhikā, You Yourself are Hare." 

    Sit straight and sometimes weep. Then there will be no room for sleep. Also, while doing Harināma, time to time chant:

    bhajāmi rādhām aravinda-netraṁ
    smarāmi rādhāṁ madhura-smitāsyām
    vadāmi rādhāṁ karuṇā-bharādraṁ
    tato mamānyāsti gatir na kāpi
    (Śrī Viśākhānandadābhidhā Stotram 131) 
    ["I worship Rādhā who has lotus eyes, I remember Rādhā who has a sweet smile, and I speak of Rādhā who is melted with compassion. There is nothing else for me. She is my life and soul."]

    Where is sleep? 

    Where is kāma, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and mātsarya (lust, anger, greed, pride, illusion and envy)?

    They will all fly away. Sometimes you can utter,

    "There is no sinner like me. There is no one as wretched as me. You are giving everything, but I am so wretched that I am unaware of Your mercy." 

    And sometimes you can chant: 

    nāmnām akāri bahudhā nija-sarva-śaktis
    tatrārpitā niyamitaḥ smaraṇe na kālaḥ
    etādṛśī tava kṛpā bhagavan mamāpi
    durdaivam īdṛśam ihājani nānurāgaḥ
    (Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 2)

    ["O Bhagavān! Your holy name bestows all auspiciousness upon the living entities. Therefore, for the benefit of the jīvas, You eternally manifest Your innumerable names, such as Rāma, Nārāyaṇa, Kṛṣṇa, Mukunda, Mādhava, Govinda, and Dāmodara. You have invested those names with all the potencies of their respective forms. Out of causeless mercy, You have not even imposed any restrictions on the chanting and remembrance of such names. Nonetheless, I am so unfortunate due to committing offenses that I have no attachment for Your holy name, which is so easily accessible and bestows all good fortune."]

    Remember the meaning of this śloka and, weeping, pray: 

    "You are endlessly merciful, and I am a wretched person. None are like me. You are the greatest in giving mercy, but I am such a person that does not take your mercy. O Prabhu, I need only Your mercy – nothing else.” 

    nayanaṁ galad-aśru-dhārayā
    vadanaṁ gadgada-ruddhayā girā
    pulakair nicitaṁ vapuḥ kadā
    tava nāma-grahaṇe bhaviṣyati
    (Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 6)

    ["O Prabhu! When will my eyes be filled with streams of tears? 
    When will my voice choke up? 
    And when will the hairs of my body stand erect in ecstasy as I chant Your holy name?"]

    When weeping in this way, where is lust, anger, greed and so on? 

    They will fly away and there will be no idleness, sleepiness, or any other material impediment. You will be able to chant Hare Kṛṣṇa for hours. Test this yourself. After some time you will be able to see that Parama-Pūjāpāda Śrīla Bhaktivedānta Svāmī Mahārāja came to give this mood, and it will be automatically coming. This is Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Kṛṣṇa consciousness does not mean to control anyone – only your mind is to be controlled. Do not try to control anyone; only try to control your bad mind. Do not criticise anyone. Give honour to others, thinking;"

    They all are more advanced than me. I am the most wretched." 

    Criticise your mind and the bad activities you have performed. With this mood, chant Hare Kṛṣṇa.

    You can also think: 

    "Why are my tears not coming? 
    Why is my heart not melting? 

    My heart is harder than stone and iron and steel. O Nāma, you are my only help, and yet I think:

    'I am such a bona fide Vaiṣṇava or Guru; I am now Ācārya. I can control everyone.' 

    Oh, what to do?"

    Then: 

    yugāyitaṁ nimeṣeṇa
    cakṣuṣā prāvṛṣāyitam
    śūnyāyitaṁ jagat sarvaṁ
    govinda-viraheṇa me
    (Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 7)

    ["O sakhī! In separation from Govinda, even a moment seems like a millennium. Tears begin to shower from my eyes like rain from the clouds, and this entire world seems void.”]

    You can think:"

    That mood is not here, but I want to follow. I want to have that mood; a greed to follow the pure devotees in the line of Śrīla Rūpa Gosvāmī."

    And then chant, thinking:

    āśliṣya vā pāda-ratāṁ pinaṣṭu mām
    adarśanān marma-hatāṁ karotu vā
    yathā tathā vā vidadhātu lampaṭo
    mat-prāna-nāthas tu sa eva nāparaḥ
    (Śrī Śikṣaṣṭaka, 8)

    ["Let Kṛṣṇa tightly embrace this maidservant who is attached to the service of His lotus feet, and thus make me His very own. Or let Him break my heart by not being present before me. He is a debauchee and can do whatever He likes. Even if He cavorts with another lover directly in front of me, He is still my prāṇanātha. I have none other than Him.”]

    Who is uttering this? 

    Śrīmatī Rādhikā. Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu is uttering the entire Śikṣaṣṭaka, and only very rare persons – bona fide Vaiṣṇavas – can give all these impressions in your heart. Such a person is actually Śikṣā-Guru. 

    We have to learn everything – how to do bhajana, how to do arcana, how to make offerings, and how to do this systematically, with mantras. If we are not doing with proper mantras, we will not progress.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario